I’m going to keep things simple and write things I am appreciating tonight.
Ten Things I’m Appreciating
- That I can write an appreciation list tonight for my blog post. I haven’t really come up with an appealing idea otherwise, and this works because it helps me generate a positive mood, which I always try to do with these posts.
- My latest film scoring project. It’s coming along and I am enjoying the discover. Almost there!
- Running. I’ve been doing about 20 miles a week and it’s awesome. I’m taking a nice pace, and the amount of running feels good. This weekend I will be doing a 5k, my first running event this year.
- My awesome Birthday weekend. There wasn’t just one event or party. Instead, there were a string of experiences: a delicious brunch in the back yard with some friends (after a nice run with said friend); a trip to the park with my mom and wife; dinner with some other friends; and a movie. That was just Saturday. Sunday, my brother brought my 3-year old niece to Sacramento and we had a lovely time in Old Sacramento. All in all, I felt the love (thanks, wifey, for doing a beautiful job managing things).
- Abraham-Hicks. Always, always! An ongoing wealth of insight about the Law of Attraction and how my thoughts create my life experience.
- Piano Teaching. I love working with my students. Running my studio is truly a blessing. Which brings me to the next item…
- My new book project on piano-playing! I am writing a 1000 words a day. It’s a great way to generate a first draft. So far, so good.
- That I let myself rest this morning. The birthday weekend was fairly intense. I’m still getting back to stasis.
- That we cleaned our house!
- That I write a blog where I get to be goofy or serious, profound or profane (though not usually too profane)!