Everybody has accomplishments, things they are proud of, qualities about themselves that they like. For tonight’s post, I am going to list ten accomplishments or personal qualities I am most proud of!
Accomplishments and Personal Qualities I am Most Proud Of:
- Being a happy runner. This includes running marathons, yet it is far more than that. I love running, I turn to running, I enjoy myself running, and I let my running evolve based on where I am. I’m proud of having this amazing outlet for physical well-being, fun and adventure, and growth.
- Being able to write music easily. I love how easily I can sit at the computer and compose. I improvise at the piano just as easily.
- Being happily married. Without being corny or cliche, I will just say that I gain great purpose and satisfaction (and perpetual growing opportunities) from my marriage. As my buddy Rick said, in this area “I hit the jackpot!”
- Having a good relationship with my parents. Long ago, I started to work on myself. In the process, I gained a wonderful relationship with my dad. We have enjoyed a decade and a half since of great experiences together, many of them talking about and sharing music, which we obviously both love! Meanwhile, I have a great relationship with my mom, which has improved even more as I have learned to love and accept her unconditionally. She is also a big fan of my blog 😉
- Being smart about money management. Every day I thank my lucky stars that I combined my head for numbers with an obsession with generating and continually growing our financial well-being.
- That I always reach for happiness. Every day I seek to feel good, think empowering thoughts, be kinder to myself, and practice appreciation for all that is good in my life.
- Being kind to myself and accepting myself. [worthy of its own number!] Over the past year and a half or so, I have made huge internal strides at being kind to myself, loving myself unconditionally. This is making a huge difference. It is laying the foundation for allowing even more Joy, Well-Being, Ease and Satisfaction into my life!
- That I am a self-starter, a great student, and am always learning. For starters, I love that I read books. Weather fiction, biographies, or personal finance books, I’m just glad I’m a reader! Also, I love that I can take a book and use it to change my life for the better! Whether it’s taking on intermittent fasting, investing in index funds, or running a marathon, books have changed my life. Workshops and mentors have, as well, but I’m almost more proud of the breakthroughs I have gotten after reading books 🙂
- The fact that I get the message… eventually. Even in cases where I have been resistant or stubborn, even for a long time, I have eventually faced the truth, wherever it was to be had. A friend of mine told me, “In life there are two kinds of learners: slow learners, and non-learners.” I am glad at least to be a slow learner!