Every so often I like making a list of things I am appreciating. This has a double benefit: first, it is a quick and easy way to write a blog post, and second, it’s a lot of fun 🙂
Here we go…
Things I Am Appreciating:
- Running with my buddy Erik this morning. The last time we ran together was in November, back when I was still thinking of running the CIM.
- Getting “The Three Musketeers” video done. It was great experience, and a whole lot of fun.
- Watching “Northern Exposure” on DVD with my wife. This show from the 90s is truly extraordinary. I grew up watching it, and it still holds up as engaging and creative as ever.
- Reading Mark Twain’s “Joan of Arc,” which was truly extraordinary (and I gobbled it up over a weekend). Inspired by my reading, my next composing project will be to the 1929 silent movie “The Passion of Joan of Arc.”
- My parents, who are both wonderful people I have the privilege to be close with. And my step-mom, who is an angel on earth.
- This blog, which continues to engage me and be a platform for my authenticity and self-expression 🙂
- Teaching myself to use Logic Pro, which in the past year has opened up my musical creativity to amazing new levels.
- Our new vacuum 🙂 It was high time we replaced the old one
- Our cat Sadie, who excels at her one skill: being cute and generally being agreeable when we pet her.
- Knowing that no matter what I’m still worthy!