Here are some notes I jotted down this morning on how to be an independent thinker.
- Take time out for yourself
- Get clear on how you really feel about it. Get honest with yourself.
- Make your preferences the most important thing. March to your own drumbeat!
- Innoculate yourself from the need for approval.
- Love yourself completely and fully. Yes, even love your perceived weaknesses, failures, shortcomings and regrets.
- Celebrate your uniqueness. Find your superpower.
- Be content with where you are at. Sure, there will always be more. Yet look for the satisfaction in where you are now first.
- Be relentlessly positive and generate your own unfailing sense of well-being.
- Trust your gifts, and trust the perfection of what you have to offer.
- Forget yesterday. Forget who you “are,’ let yourself evolve and change. What do you want now? What fits now? What feels best now?
- Take responsibility for everything you experience. Try not to blame or torture yourself for the unpleasant stuff, try to gently remind yourself of your ability to claim creative control. You are at the helm!
- Stop trying to fix a “broken planet,” “save the world,” or make it all okay for others. Instead, pursue your personal happiness, and trust that your example will make a difference.
P.S. It is almost Christmas and I shall take off the next few days from blogging. Happy Holidays!