I believe in making lists of things I’m proud of, things I’m enjoying, things I appreciate. So here goes a list of ten personal accomplishments from 2020 (in no particular order):
- Sometime Blogger Excels: This year I took a flexible on-again, off-again approach to blogging (though when I blogged, I did it every day). The months I blogged were April , June, and starting up in mid-October through today. Myhappinessobsession continues to be a great healing and creative personal outlet.
- Run, Man, Run! This year has probably been the best running year I have ever had. Not only did I run my first three 20-milers, I also ran over 1300 miles (my most ever–in comparison, I ran about 1040 miles last year). I will have run over two-hundred days (also my most ever) running my fastest overall pace ever (average about 8:46 min/mile for the year). Yee haw!
- The Happy Hubby at Home: For obvious reasons, I have spent more time at home this year than ever. The “domestic bliss” my wife and I share has made this easy-peasy overall. Thank you, Universe for blessing my life in this area.
- The Triumph of Mind Over Matter: This is the year that I got hold of my own mentality and put myself solidly into my own bubble of positivity despite the world seeming to fall apart. Chicken little be damned!
- Area Piano Teacher Moves Onto Zoom (with All the Rest of Them!): Though I haven’t written that much about it on here, I moved my entire piano studio online back in March, and it has worked out swimmingly.
- Market Crash? What Market Crash? This is the year I experienced first-hand that I can handle a bear market with no loss of investment enthusiasm.
- Woo-Woo Type Dives Into the Law Of Attraction: This year I continued my on-going study of the principles shared by Abraham-Hicks, my favorite ghost :). I feel much more skilled at focusing on what feels good as a result. It’s changing my life, man.
- For Love of Reading: This year I’ve tracked reading 11,000 pages so far, and nearly 30 books, both fiction and non-fiction. The surprise read of the year? Arnold Schwarzenegger’s bio!
- Intermittent Faster Master? This year I continued doing IF, or intermittent fasting, sticking to the 16 hour fasts that helped me lose 30 pounds a couple of years ago. Happy maintaining. Did I mention I’m a better, faster runner?
- Happy Money: This year I am really starting to feel the shift into an alignment when it comes to money 🙂 Not only am I appreciating improving financial circumstances, I’m also feeling an ease that comes from a complete 180 mentality shift.
In conclusion: No wonder I think 2020 has been a wonderful year!
p.s. Now your turn!