Maybe it’s because of the weekend, but I’m not especially inclined to want to blog tonight :). But I figure I can’t go wrong with a list of appreciations. So here goes…
Ten Things I’m Appreciating
- I’m appreciating that I get to write these posts in whatever way makes sense each day. Sometimes I’m just not as mentally energetic or inspired to form and edit my thoughts into coherent prose. Tonight a list works better!
- I’m appreciating listening to my music, which I’m doing right now as I type. I have 140 compositions on an Apple Music playlist, all from this year. 2022 is the year I became a Composition Factory!
- I’m appreciating starting up a book I put down for… well, a long time. In fact, I haven’t done a lot of book reading in recent months. I’m appreciating that the end of marathon training is giving me bandwidth for other things. Hello, reading!
- I’m appreciating an excellent swim today at the gym! Over 40 minutes, and about 2/3 mile, the most I’ve done since taking up swimming recently.
- I’m also appreciating my meal I had once I got back from the gym: a homemade burrito of sorts, consisting of chicken, sautéed veggies (zucchini, carrots, and onions), cheddar cheese, rice, and spinach tortillas. Yeah baby, mmm delicious!
- I’m appreciating how on this blog I can write about simple mundane things like swimming and homemade burritos. It’s a good reminder of simple satisfactions 🙂
- I’ve been appreciating watching Holiday films with my wife. Tonight’s pick: “The Polar Express”
- I’m appreciating our cat Sadie. She is the ultimate bed cat, and good for not much else! Her strengths: purring, enjoying being pet, and modeling complete indulgence in sleep and being carefree.
- I’m appreciating that throughout marathon training I managed to maintain my daily composing and my daily blogging. It’s crazy cool.
- I’m appreciating that this is my blog so I get to set the rules, so for #10 tonight I’m just gonna cut it shor—