I just realized something. Every single time I have had a strong inspiration to act, an inner green light, a Hell Yes, things have generally gone well.
Some of the inspired actions I have taken include:
- Marrying my wife
- Becoming a professional musician
- Starting my piano studio
- Learning to write songs
- Booking lots of piano shows
- Joining a rock band
- Paying off debt
- Starting to invest
- Starting my blog
- Doing the 365 Day Blogging Projects (this is Day 317 of Year Two!)
- Writing at the Cafe
- Writing my piano book 🙂
- Training for my solo marathon and running CIM
- Composing 150 pieces on Logic last year
- Doing intermittent fasting
Every single one of these actions has worked out well. Every single time I was a very clear “Yes” about doing it. The project or action made me feel alive and was generally an enjoyable experience.
Curiously, every time I have acted from anything less than inspiration or at least recognition of a deeper value being served, things have not gone so smoothly! Go figure.
The moral: Do things that are Hell Yeses! Do things that light you up! You can’t go wrong following your inspiration. It will work out every time!