Skip to content
Ten Things I’m Appreciating
- That I can do this list of appreciation tonight as my blog post. It is easy, and it is positive.
- Working on my “Joan of Arc” film scoring project. I put it down for a couple of weeks because I wanted to concentrate on a school show I’m doing, but I opened it up again tonight. Looking forward to finishing it up and sharing it soon.
- Re-watching the Hans Zimmer Masterclass on writing music for movies. I saw it years ago. Now I’m in a better place to take it in. I also have film scoring experience to draw from now, as well as much more experience writing for the “digital orchestra” on the computer.
- My easy-going running and exercise life. Today I went another six miles, taking 1 minute walk breaks every 3 minutes. I’m starting to work out my training schedule for Urban Cow in October. It will be a nice challenge, yet in a comfortable range, since it is a half marathon (not a full one!).
- My reading life, which has picked up again. I just started reading Ron Chernow’s “The Morgans,” a big book about the Morgan dynasty (as in JP Morgan). It’s another weighty tome, I’ve barely started it so I’m still getting the feel for it.
- Watching “Northern Exposure” with my wife. We are just about done. It has been glorious reliving what is probably my favorite TV show from childhood. Heck, it’s probably my #1 favorite TV show, period.
- That I understand about the Law of Attraction now better than ever. Specifically, understanding how when my thoughts gather momentum, I can add to them if they feel good, or let them dissipate if they don’t.
- That we are riding through the wonky, strange period in the market with no change in our resolve.
- That I get to link to older blog posts in my posts! Something about that satisfies me 🙂
- Letting myself wait until I’m aligned before taking action.